about > kaa design
KAA Design is a leading-edge design studio dedicated to advancing the California lifestyle through contemporary architecture and landscape design. For over 25 years, we have created one-of-a-kind homes that place a premium on comfort and beauty, elevating the rituals of daily life from the mundane to the sublime.
position > architectural designer
KAA Design is seeking candidates for the position of Architectural Designer to support the development and documentation of primarily high-end custom residential projects under the supervision of the project leaders. This position will require strong proficiency in ArchiCAD for daily project tasks.
- Perform drafting, 3D modeling and presentation work following firm Graphic Standards
- Develop conceptual sketches into design presentations
- Coordinate materials and color palettes for presentations
- Develop sketch details into CAD drawings and prepare design development and construction documents
- Maintain logs and record necessary to manage the project
- Compose transmittals and other correspondence necessary for the project
- Prioritize, delegate and coordinate tasks with project team members
- Research public agency requirements and prepare site analysis documents
- Prepare and coordinate cost estimate budgets as required per the phases of the project
- Inspire and motivate current employees
- Assist in maintaining fiscal responsibility for each project
- Work and communicate in all phases as an integral member of the architectural team
- Perform work according to the KAA Core Values
- Degree from an accredited Bachelor or Masters of Architecture Program (LEED accreditation is a plus)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in an architecture firm with residential experience
- Must be proficient with ArchiCAD
- Proficiency with Adobe Applications is strongly preferred
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only - combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipt of your informaiton, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or phone calls. Please specify you are applying for KAA Design.
4201 Redwood Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066